Human Resources Coordinator
United Site Services (USS) makes things happen. From building a skyscraper or new home community to providing services to America's largest music festivals, USS is there every step of the way.
As the industry leader in portable sanitation services, we deliver the best for our customers. But to do that, we need the best people to join our team. That's where you come in!
- Assists with the administration of the company's HR procedures and policies. Provides basic guidance to supervisors and managers.
- Processes, verifies, and maintains documentation relating to compliance and acquisition due diligence.
- Prepares compliance presentations and assists with training as required.
- Supports the implementation and analysis of United Site Services' Mergers & Acquisitions process.
- Developing and maintaining Excel workbooks and data rooms to facilitate the evaluation of ongoing acquisitions.
- Assist in acquisition activities including preliminary due diligence activities, preparing presentations, analysis, scheduling meetings and administrative duties.
- Assists business to ensure that regulatory compliance risks are identified and recommends controls to foster compliance.
- Conducts ongoing monitoring and/or periodic testing of the company's compliance with laws and regulations pertaining to all applicable areas of operation.
- Researches state and federal laws and regulations, reviews policies and procedures, and ensures compliance with laws and regulations.
- Assists with special projects and ongoing issues pertaining to compliance on an as needed basis, including the review of policies, internal audits and testing of prior findings/violations;
- Meet regularly and report on any known or suspected incident or breach in a timely manner to the Director of Compliance and Integration;
- Performs various degrees of data input using Microsoft Suite, Visio, Payroll applications, E-verify, Background check/drug testing applications , Benefit vendor applications, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the manager.
In order to be successful at this job, here are some SKILLS you should have:
- Customer Service
- Time Management
- Decision Making and Problem Solving
- Bachelor's degree preferred and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2-5 years relevant experience
- Excellent oral communication & listening skills; excellent planning, organizational, analytical and decision making skills; strong PC proficiency (data entry, Microsoft Office Suite, Navision, etc.).
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, or standard operating procedures.
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints from customers and/or regulatory agencies as they relate to contract compliance.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.