Human Resources Generalist
United Site Services (USS) makes things happen. From building a skyscraper or new home community to providing services to America's largest music festivals, USS is there every step of the way.
As the industry leader in portable sanitation services, we deliver the best for our customers. But to do that, we need the best people to join our team. That's where you come in!
We are looking for a detail-oriented Human Resources Generalist that will be responsible for applying business knowledge and human resources expertise. You will assist in providing a wide range of HR support and advice. The successful candidate will play a key role in the success of the organization by offering guidance on recruitment, terminations, performance management, employee relations and HR best practices while facilitating a positive relationship between personnel and management. If you have Generalist HR experience and are looking for a place to show your knowledge and skills, this is the role for you!
- Implements human resources programs by providing human resources services, including talent acquisition, staffing, employment processing, compensation, health and welfare benefits, training and development, records management, safety and health, succession planning, employee relations and retention, AA/EEO compliance, and labor relations; completing personnel transactions.
- Develops human resources solutions by collecting and analyzing information; recommending courses of action.
- Improves manager and employee performance by identifying and clarifying problems; evaluating potential solutions; implementing selected solution; coaching and counseling managers and employees.
- Completes special projects by clarifying project objective; setting timetables and schedules; conducting research; developing and organizing information; fulfilling transactions.
- Manages client expectations by communicating project status and issues; resolving concerns; analyzing time and cost issues; preparing reports.
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Performs miscellaneous duties as requested by management.
In order to be successful at this job, here are some SKILLS you should have:
- Customer Service
- HR Knowledge
- Time Management
- Decision Making and Problem Solving
- High School Diploma or General Education degree (GED); or equivalent combination of education and experience. HR degree or certificate preferred
- 3-5 years related HR experience
Valid Driver's License
- Ability to maintain files and keep confidentiality
- People Skills
- Conflict resolution
- Employment Law experience
- Project Management
- Office Experience - General, Reporting Skills, Verbal Communication, Administrative Writing Skills
- Must have strong experience with Microsoft Excel, Access and Word