Special Events Service Technician- Driver (CDL A)
United Site Services (USS) makes things happen. From building a skyscraper or new home community to providing services to America's largest music festivals, USS is there every step of the way.
As the industry leader in portable sanitation services, we deliver the best for our customers. But to do that, we need the best people to join our team. That's where you come in!
We are looking for a Service Technician for Special Events to operate a company service truck and drive to various locations to service/pump/clean portable restrooms or holding tanks. You may also perform a variety of fence yard duties and preventative maintenance activities to help keep equipment and yard/facility in good working condition. This position supports some of the grandest, or smallest, events that we support.
- Conduct daily pre-shift & post-shift vehicle inspection & report deficiencies to shop immediately. Also, report improper operation, faulty equipment, and unusual conditions to the Operations Supervisor/Manager.
- Check, repair, store fence, fence equipment and other related company assets.
- Occasionally uses forklift for loading and unloading assets (fence panels, bike rakes, etc.)
- Operate flatbed truck or truck & trailer to and from pre-designated work sites based on daily routing information to deliver or pick-up portable restroom units, hand sinks or holding tanks. Updates tickets with relevant delivery or pick-up detail.
- Inform Supervisor of material used throughout the day. Report any problems found on equipment throughout the day to supervisor.
- Inventory must be completely checked and repaired before delivery and upon return.
- Conducts general facility maintenance and minor repairs as needed.
- Flexibility to stay at designated locations for extended amount of time.
- Maintain telephone or radio contact with dispatch to receive additional instructions, changes to work locations, etc.
- Following the Company's safety guidelines, properly secures portable restrooms & holding tanks to appropriate vehicle/equipment. Assist yard personnel, when necessary to load and unload portable restroom units, hand sinks or holding tanks.
- Ensure that units are stocked with paper products, hand sanitizer, soap, etc. prior to leaving the yard. Works with yard personnel to stock units if anything is missing.
- Follow all established safety rules & regulations.
- Maintains truck log according to state and federal regulations.
- Special/other projects as assigned by management.
In order to be successful at this job, here are some SKILLS you should have:
- Customer Service
- Time Management
- Decision Making and Problem Solving
- You are regularly exposed to outside weather conditions, moving mechanical parts, and fumes or airborne particles.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- HS Diploma or general education degree (GED); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 1-year commercial or general vehicle driving experience (Class CDL A or B, or Class C)
- Valid Driver License (Class CDL A or B with endorsement or Class C).