Mechanic Helper **3rd Shift, Occasional Saturday Shifts**
United Site Services (USS) makes things happen. From building a skyscraper or new home community to providing services to America's largest music festivals, USS is there every step of the way.
As the industry leader in portable sanitation services, we deliver the best for our customers. But to do that, we need the best people to join our team. That's where you come in!
We are looking for a Mechanic Helper that loves to repair and maintain company vehicles and equipment. If you enjoy working with your hands every day, this job is for you.
- Performs service, repairs and modification to company vehicles and related equipment
- Performs service, repairs and maintenance in accordance with Department of Transportation and company policies, standards and codes
- Follows Untied Site Services safety rules: utilizes protective clothing and equipment, reports safety hazards and incidents to supervisor
- Attend safety meetings
- Completes required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Reviews, completed repairs as identified on Technician Vehicle Inspection Reports and work orders.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with corporate and OSHA standards.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
In order to be successful at this job, here are some SKILLS you should have:
- Customer Service
- Time Management
- Decision Making and Problem Solving
- You are regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, airborne particles and fumes.
- You are sometimes exposed to the risk of electrical shock, high/precarious places, vibration of equipment and toxic chemicals.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- HS Diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Two years experience in heavy truck equipment maintenance and repair; or completion of accredited vocational technical school program. (Preferred)
- ASE certified (Preferred)
- Brake certified (Preferred)