Accounts Payable Specialist - Temporary Assignment
United Site Services (USS) makes things happen. From building a skyscraper or new home community to providing services to America's largest music festivals, USS is there every step of the way.
As the industry leader in portable sanitation services, we deliver the best for our customers. But to do that, we need the best people to join our team. That's where you come in!
We are looking for a detail-oriented Accounts Payable Specialist to ensure timely processing of payments and a high degree of vendor satisfaction. You will be assisting with monitoring and implementing purchasing controls and procedures.
- Matches invoices to appropriate packing slips and purchase orders.
- Verifies invoice approvals and routes for approval, if necessary.
- Handles vendor calls & emails. Provides timely responses to all AP inquiries. Maintains a positive relationship with all vendors.
- Collects vendor W-9 form and enters vendor data into system.
- Prepares yearly 1099 reporting.
- Conducts vendor account reconciliations.
- Prepares month-end accruals & posts to the GL.
- Reviews & processes employee expense reports.
- Initiates the check run. Prepares checks and mails to vendors and files documents into corresponding vendor files.
- Performs filing & file maintenance.
- Special/other projects as assigned by management.
In order to be successful at this job, here are some SKILLS you should have:
- Customer Service
- Time Management
- Decision Making and Problem Solving
- Computer knowledge (Microsoft Office)
- Knowledge of electronic accounting software
- 10-key by touch
- Well-developed clerical & accounting skills
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Analytical, process oriented, and ability to focus on details for long periods of time