United Site Services (USS) makes things happen. From building a skyscraper or new home community to providing services to America's largest music festivals, USS is there every step of the way.
As the industry leader in portable sanitation services, we deliver the best for our customers. But to do that, we need the best people to join our team. That's where you come in!
This position is responsible for operating a Company vactor truck and driving to various locations to remove sludge, water, grease, slurries, and or septic waste.
- Operate tanker truck to remove sludge, water, grease, slurries, and/or waste from pre-designated job sites
- Operate dump trailers, rolloff frames, tractor trailers as needed to collect waste
- Operate earth moving, hand held and hand powered equipment
- Set up and prepare equipment for upcoming jobs, includes loading and unloading
- Perform confined space entry in tanks, pits and trenches
- Load and unload 50-gallon drummed waste from various collection sites
- Complete branch-specific paperwork and manifests as necessary
- Comply with safety rules & regulations at disposal plants and job sites
- Follow pre-determined schedule provided by Operations Coordinator.
- Call into the office upon completion of assigned work
- Inspect, use and maintain various personal protection equipment
- Conduct daily pre & post trip of vehicle; equipment inspections
- Maintain Hours of Service logs as required
- Perform minor maintenance functions on trucks and equipment as needed, in accordance with skill level
- Perform work as septic technician, or as equipment specialist, when directed.
- Attend training opportunities as required
- Special/Other projects as assigned by management.
In order to be successful at this job, here are some SKILLS you should have:
- Customer Service
- Decision Making and Problem Solving
- HS Diploma or general education degree (GED); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 1 year commercial vehicle driving experience if Class CDL A or B; or minimum 1 year truck driving experience
- Valid Driver's License (Class CDL A or B with endorsement).