United Site Services (USS) makes things happen. From building a skyscraper or new home community to providing services to America's largest music festivals, USS is there every step of the way.
As the industry leader in portable sanitation services, we deliver the best for our customers. But to do that, we need the best people to join our team. That's where you come in!
- Perform complete pre- and post-operation inspection of the vehicle in accordance with Company policy to ensure tire pressure, fluid levels, safety equipment, gauges, and controls are in proper working order. Report any safety issues on standard reports.
- Safely operate heavy truck along designated route and to the disposal site; read route sheet, follow map and service each customer as identified on the route sheet or as assigned by the dispatcher and/or supervisor.
- Operate manual and/or automatic controls in accordance with Company safety policies and procedures to lift and load refuse, operate compactor and dispose of collected material at the designated facility.
- Courteously interact with all customers, dispatchers and others on a daily basis to ensure all customer routes are serviced in a timely and professional manner.
- Perform minor repairs to containers on site or in the container yard.
- Identify unsatisfactory waste containers and tag containers in accordance with applicable departmental procedures.
- Continuously monitor waste for evidence of unacceptable waste.
- Clean area around an accidental waste spill, ensuring adherence to all applicable safety standards and policies.
- Continuously monitor the condition of the vehicle to ensure it is operationally ready at all times to minimize down time; clean waste from the container and container edges on each disposal trip.
- Complete required route/productivity sheets, VCRs and other reports, as required.
- Maintain adherence to required productivity standards for the department to ensure all customers are serviced in a timely and efficient manner.
- Follow all required safety policies and procedures.
- Special/Other projects as assigned by management.
- HS Diploma or general education degree (GED) and minimum 1 year commercial vehicle driving experience
- CDL Class B Required
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to sit, stand and walk, sometimes long distances.
- The employee is required to reach with hands and arms.
- The employee may occasionally also stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- The employee will, on a daily basis, lift and/or move between 150 pounds and 300 pounds multiple times.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision & ability to focus.
What's in it for you?
At United Site Services, we provide a competitive benefits package, with options for both full and part-time Associates, that lets you live life the way you intend. We offer so much more than a regular paycheck; our benefits package is chalk full of perks such as paid time off, healthcare, 401K matching, employee assistance programs, Life and AD&D insurance and much more!