Administrative Clerk II
United Site Services (USS) makes things happen. From building a skyscraper or new home community to providing services to America's largest music festivals, USS is there every step of the way.
As the industry leader in portable sanitation services, we deliver the best for our customers. But to do that, we need the best people to join our team. That's where you come in!
The Administrative Clerk II is a master at multi-tasking and working with multiple people and departments. This position provides general administrative and clerical support to the operations department in one, or more, of the below functions:
- Receive and expedite request for sub-contracted work
- Issue purchase order for preferred sub-contractor once order to customer has been confirmed
- Insure margin is being achieved for all work performed
- Review all sub-contractor invoices prior to payment (Customer must pay prior to vendor pay)
- Aid in the creation of a preferred vendor listing for all locations
- Issue vendor request to corporate
- Monitor vendor activity and pricing
- Provide weekly reporting on open purchase orders, non-compliance in the field, vendor activity, and margin results
- Special assignments as needed
- Provide weekly dashboard metrics for field management
- Provide standardized weekly overtime reporting to field management
- Monitor actual headcount vs. budget and provide weekly updates to field management
- Provide fuel consumption and price reporting weekly to field management
- Review submitted inventories and submit to corporate once vetted
- Receive, submit, and track all capital expenditures requested from the field
In order to be successful at this job, here are some SKILLS you should have:
- Customer Service
- Time Management
- Decision Making and Problem Solving
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED) and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 2-years general clerical/administrative experience in fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge/understanding of route based business preferred
- Computer knowledge (Microsoft Office)
- Working knowledge of operating office equipment including copy machine, fax machine, phone system, etc.
- Well-developed clerical skills including file maintenance
- Strong written & verbal (customer service) communication skills; analytical, process oriented, and ability to focus on details for long periods of time.