United Site Services (USS) makes things happen. From building a skyscraper or new home community to providing services to America's largest music festivals, USS is there every step of the way.
As the industry leader in portable sanitation services, we deliver the best for our customers. But to do that, we need the best people to join our team. That's where you come in!
The Administrative Clerk I is a master at multi-tasking and working with multiple people and departments. This position provides general administrative and clerical support to the operations department in one, or more, of the below functions:
- Review and audit all driver manifest
- Posting services performed on a daily basis
- Review and inconsistencies and correct as needed
- Review and insure open tickets are closed within 48 hours
- Provide weekly reporting on areas of concern, challenges, request for re-training, and more
- Insure driver notes are entered and transferred as needed
- Special assignments as needed
Purchase Order Entry
- Receive request for purchase orders from field management
- Receive all required approvals and quotes prior to submitting purchase order number
- Enter purchasing information into the system
- Match all purchase orders with proof of delivery; submit to corporate AP
- Issue vendor request to corporate
- Monitor vendor activity and pricing
- Provide weekly reporting on open purchase orders, non-compliance in the field, vendor activity, and spend vs. budget
- Monitor and track travel expense and customer gifting
- Aid in the creation of a preferred vendor listing.
- Receive and place orders for all field office supplies
- Monitor and manage Corporate Stables Account
- Receive and manage all cell phone request and repair request from the field
- Works directly with IT Department
- Monitor and review all cell phone bills; report and discrepancies
- Monitor UPS spend and usage; audit monthly bill
- Monitor all field travel; audit in field travel bookings as needed
- Monitor and expedite all business card requests for the field.
- Monitor and audit all toll charges and devices
- Manage the field operations support office administration
- Customer Service
- Time Management
- Decision Making and Problem Solving
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED) and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 1-year general clerical/administrative experience in fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge/understanding of route based business preferred
- Computer knowledge (Microsoft Office)
- Working knowledge of operating office equipment including copy machine, fax machine, phone system, etc.
- Well-developed clerical skills including file maintenance
- Strong written & verbal (customer service) communication skills; analytical, process oriented, and ability to focus on details for long periods of time.