United Site Services (USS) makes things happen. From building a skyscraper or new home community to providing services to America's largest music festivals, USS is there every step of the way.
As the industry leader in portable sanitation services, we deliver the best for our customers. But to do that, we need the best people to join our team. That's where you come in!
We are looking for a Mechanic Helper that loves to repair and maintain company vehicles and equipment. If you enjoy working with your hands every day, this job is for you.
This person will perform services, which include maintenance and repairing of company vehicles and related equipment. They will maintain a high level of work quality and carry out responsibilities in accordance with organization's policies, procedures and applicable law. This indvidual may also perform other necessary basic duties.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs service, repairs and modification to company vehicles and related equipment
- Performs service, repairs and maintenance in accordance with Department of Transportation and company policies, standards and codes
- Follows Untied Site Services safety rules: utilizes protective clothing and equipment, reports safety hazards and incidents to supervisor
- Attend safety meetings twice a month
- Perform other duties as assigned
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, airborne particles and fumes. The employee is occasionally exposed outside weather conditions and wet areas. The employee is sometimes exposed to the risk of electrical shock, high/precarious places, vibration of equipment and toxic chemicals. The noise in the work environment is usually loud. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to use hands to fingers, handle or feel with hands, stand, reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk or listen. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25-100 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 150 pounds. Requires employee to use general hand tools and may drive a forklift.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILL & ABILITIES
- A valid drivers license.
- Mechanical repair skills. Ability to multi-task and work independently while being safety conscious.
- Operate a forklift.
- Ability to work with others, maintain a high level of work quality and follow directions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is not needed for this position; one to three years related mechanical experience and/or training; or equivalent.
- Ability to read, write and comprehend basic instructions. Ability to perform basic math calculations (multiply, divide, average).
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form. Able to deal with problems involving a few variables in standardized situations. Good sense of directions and safety conscious.