United Site Services (USS) makes things happen. From building a skyscraper or new home community to providing services to America's largest music festivals, USS is there every step of the way.
As the industry leader in portable sanitation services, we deliver the best for our customers. But to do that, we need the best people to join our team. That's where you come in!
Want to talk with a Recruiter? It's easy! Text USS to 44844
We offer competitive pay at $20 an hour and a benefits package with 2 weeks of vacation in the 1st year, healthcare, 401K matching, employee assistance programs, Life and AD&D insurance and much more!
We are looking for a Septic & Grease Trap Technician to operate a company service truck and drive to various locations to service/pump septic tanks and clean grease traps. This is the heart of our business, so this job is very important to us.
- Provide professional service to customers
- Wash truck weekly- inside & out
- Comply with rules & regulations at disposal plants
- Complete paperwork -- pricing, locations, conditions
- Daily pre & post trip -- (check fluids & tires)
- Confirm all supplies are loaded on the truck;
- Review and map out next day jobs
- Daily DOT forms to be completed
- Complete the Ten point septic service guideline
- Drivers responsible to hand in monthly commission form
- Use the tank's main access (largest opening) for routine cleaning, if accessible
- Observe the liquid level in the tank to determine if it is above the outlet
- Remove waste to within two inches of the tank bottom
- Notify the customer when sewage flows into the tank from the drainage area.
- Observe and note defective septic system components on work order
- Recommend any Maintenance or Service using the Optional Service Sheet.
- Notify the customer in writing of any unsatisfactory conditions observed
- Attend training opportunities as requested
In order to be successful at this job, here are some SKILLS you should have:
- Customer Service
- Time Management
- Decision Making and Problem Solving
- You are regularly exposed to outside weather conditions, moving mechanical parts, and fumes or airborne particles.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- This position you to travel regularly to offsite work locations and use of vehicle will be provided.
- HS Diploma or general education degree (GED); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 1 year commercial or general vehicle driving experience (Class CDL A, B)
- Valid Driver License (Class CDL A or B with a tanker endorsement)