The Procurement Specialist is responsible for sourcing and maintaining vendor relationships across the country to help drive operational efficiency throughout the business. He/she will source both national and local vendors and work to create favorable contractual agreements with preferred vendors for USS on an ongoing basis.
- Source preferred vendors at local and national level
- Negotiate all aspects of vendor agreements including pricing, payment terms, service level agreements, etc.
- Coordinate with internal business departments (Sales, Contracts, Shared Services, Legal, etc.) to ensure appropriate vetting and management of vendors including waivers, insurance, etc.
- Pre-qualify vendors under United Site Services policies and procedures
- Issue Master Service Agreements to preferred / large vendors with annual renewals
- Create and maintain vendor packets and pre-qualification requirements
- Build and maintain tracking tools to manage vendors by region, classification, and services provided and update information as necessary in business systems
- Act as the primary point of contact between vendors and United Site Services to troubleshoot and resolve issues when they arise
- Manage and execute other special projects as assigned by management
In order to be successful at this job, here are some SKILLS you should have:
- Customer Service oriented personality
- Ability to work well as part of a large team
- Written and verbal communication
- Decision making and problem solving
- Negotiation / conflict resolution
- Presentation and report generation for executive team
Experience & Education
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5-10 years procurement experience -- sanitation / field service industry preferred
- Team Lead / Manager experience preferred