United Site Services (USS) makes things happen. From building a skyscraper or new home community to providing services to America's largest music festivals, USS is there every step of the way.
As the industry leader in portable sanitation services, we deliver the best for our customers. But to do that, we need the best people to join our team. That's where you come in!
Based in Westborough, MA USS seeks a Senior Accountant for the Accounting team. We are looking for a motivated individual to support the growth of the business.
Job Description and Responsibilities:
Those who fill this position and similar positions are expected to have a strong sense of ownership, exhibit attention to detail, and an ability to deliver results. Successful candidates should be comfortable working in a team setting or independently.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Performing the month-end financial accounting close within tight deadlines
- Developing, implementing and improving accounting processes and procedures
- Ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP and internal controls over financial reporting
- Partnering with Assistant Controller on accounting simplification and ad hoc projects
- Working with cross-functional teams across the company to ensure proper support for business activities
- Supporting team efforts to enable business growth and expansion
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or Accounting
- 6+ years of progressive accounting experience
- CPA or equivalent
- Experience working with a fast-paced, public or private-equity-owned company
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations
- Aptitude for information technology
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to manage multiple projects at once, follow through and meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail