United Site Services (USS) makes things happen. From building a skyscraper or new home community to providing services to America's largest music festivals, USS is there every step of the way.
As the industry leader in portable sanitation services, we deliver the best for our customers. But to do that, we need the best people to join our team. That's where you come in!
Want to talk with a Recruiter? It's easy! Text USS to 44844
The Fence Manager will help launch and grow a temporary fence line of business in a fast-paced, fast-growing culture. A unique hands-on opportunity to leave your fingerprints on the rollout of the business, this role will be responsible for building and growing a team, and managing and coordinating the activities for the fencing yard. This position will oversee the overall management of yard equipment and personnel in accordance with the organizations policies, procedures and applicable law.
- Purchases needed equipment and materials for department
- Maintains inventory control and monitors inventory usage
- Estimates time requirements for completion of jobs assigned to employees
- Interprets company policies to employees and enforces safety regulations
- Check work area and working conditions of the entire yard
- Suggests changes in working conditions to increase efficiency
- Analyzes and resolves work related problems, or assists workers in solving work problems
- Supports employees so that they stay on task
- Researches or develops new products and ways of improving work quality
- Estimates cost of orders and inspects materials delivered to the yard
- Finds new suppliers and negotiates with current suppliers for the best price on equipment/materials
- Assists upper management with special projects and tasks are needed
- Follows Untied Site Services safety rules: utilizes protective clothing and equipment, reports safety hazards and incidents to manager
- Coordinates safety meeting twice a month
- Perform other duties as assigned
In order to be successful at this job, here are some SKILLS you should have:
- Customer Service
- Team Building
- Decision Making and Problem Solving
- While performing the duties of this job, you are regularly exposed to outside weather conditions, moving mechanical parts, and fumes or airborne particles.
- The noise level is usually loud.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) in the field of construction or similar; or equivalent combination or education and experience.
- At least 3 years related experience and/or training
- Valid driver license
- Working knowledge of hand tools and light to medium duty power tools.
- Ability to multi-task and work independently while being safety conscious.
- Operate a forklift.
- Ability to supervise others and give direction.
- Knowledge of computer skills, which would include Microsoft Windows, Work and Excel or equivalent.
- Commercial driver's license Class A or B with Airbrake and Tanker endorsements. To apply to this position, please send your resume and cover letter to USS@adp.com.