United Site Services (USS) makes things happen. From building a skyscraper or new home community to providing services to America's largest music festivals, USS is there every step of the way.
As the industry leader in portable sanitation services, we deliver the best for our customers. But to do that, we need the best people to join our team. That's where you come in!
Want to talk with a Recruiter? It's easy! Text USS to 44844
We are looking for a Grease Technician to operate a company service truck and drive to various locations to provide prompt, courteous, and complete waste removal for customers.
- Perform complete pre-trip inspection including but not limited to checking tire pressure, fluid levels, safety equipment, gauges, and controls.
- Drives pump truck to and from customer sites and disposal areas.
- Climbs in and out of truck at each location.
- Uses hand controls to operate vehicle and hose.
- With a crowbar, lifts lid off a grease trap.
- Using a pump hose and water hose, driver pumps grease out of restaurant and other commercial tanks. Cleans / rinses tank with a water hose.
- Reads route sheets and services each customer as assigned by the dispatcher and/or supervisor and takes notes on the tickets with delivery/pick up details.
- Maintains vehicle operating efficiency by completing preventative maintenance requirements.
- Maintains safe operation and clean appearance by complying with organization operational policies, procedures, and standards, as well as state and local driving rules and regulations.
- Cleans vehicles interior.
- Maintains delivery, vehicle and driving records by obtaining receipt acknowledgments, recording tracking information, and completing driver log and vehicle performance forms.
- Contacts dispatcher and customer though radio.
- Courteously interacts with customers, supervisors, and fellow employees.
- Ability to perform pushing, pulling, bending, lifting of up to 75 pounds throughout each shift.
- Submit all paperwork on a scheduled timeframe to dispatcher.
- Wash exterior and interior of truck and cab, under frame, tires, and wheels.
- Additional duties as assigned.
In order to be successful at this job, here are some SKILLS you should have:
- Customer Service
- Time Management
- Decision Making and Problem Solving
- You are regularly exposed to outside weather conditions, moving mechanical parts, and fumes or airborne particles.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- HS Diploma or general education degree (GED); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 1-year commercial or general vehicle driving experience (Class CDL A or B)
- Valid Driver License (Class CDL B or higher)
- 10 year MVR
- Safe driving record (DMV documentation required).
- Ability to read, understand, and adhere to the rules and regulations of the Federal Transit Administration and U.S. Department of Transportation.
- Analytical skills, with ability to problem solve effectively.
- Excellent attendance and punctuality.
- Excellent customer service skills and professionalism.
- Ability to recognize vehicle maintenance needs.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.