United Site Services (USS) makes things happen. From building a skyscraper or new home community to providing services to America's largest music festivals, USS is there every step of the way.
As the industry leader in portable sanitation services, we deliver the best for our customers. But to do that, we need the best people to join our team. That's where you come in!
PRIMARY PURPOSE: This position coordinates daily permit processing activities to ensure USS' compliance with city ordinances in order to achieve our service & delivery goals in an expedited period.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: include the following and other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Pull plumbing permits in different municipalities and cities. The permit specialist is required to manage all permits pulled under USS by subcontractors and customers.
- Manages our compliance status by updating all information and renewing all our licenses to conduct business and operate in each city.
- Support our operations team in tasks such as performing internal audits for DQF files and truck files for required information.
- Keeps Operations Manager updated on issues and resolution of issues.
- Works with customer service with anything relating to required permits.
- Special/Other projects as assigned by management.
- Strong communications (verbal and written) and customer service skills.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 2-3 years experience in transportation field.
- Computer knowledge (Microsoft Office)
- Well developed clerical & administrative skills
- Well organized & ability to work under timelines & constraints
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Analytical, process oriented, and ability to focus on details for long periods of time
- Should be a resourceful person and perform in a professional manner.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as operating instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write simple reports and business correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, vendors, & other employees.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to calculate rates, discounts, interest, commissions, percentages, etc.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, & ratios to practical situations
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.