United Site Services (USS) makes things happen. From building a skyscraper or new home community to providing services to America's largest music festivals, USS is there every step of the way.
As the industry leader in portable sanitation services, we deliver the best for our customers. But to do that, we need the best people to join our team. That's where you come in!
PURPOSE: The Safety Manager is responsible for leadership and development of all safety programs, procedures, training, work practices and controls that must be effectively implemented in their region. This position is responsible for identifying applicable safety regulations and risks in the region while interacting with key stakeholders to implement acceptable systems in order to ensure compliance.
- Ensure development of organizational safety policies and programs focused on reducing hazards leading to reduced injuries and accidents.
- Oversee implementation of training and awareness programs to ensure that all employees understand their roles and expectations with regard to safety and compliance programs.
- Develop regional plan of action for implementing corrective actions to control or eliminate key loss sources, hazards, and implement corporate goals.
- Will hold joint accountability with the assigned regional and branch management for all safety issues in the field.
- Works directly with branch management, claims adjusters, injury counselors, etc. to ensure complete claims management for Workers Compensation, Liability Insurance, and Auto Insurance.
- Facilitation of objectives completion by providing clear, continuous direction to the staff.
- Responsible for ensuring region wide DOT & FMCSR compliance.
- Responsible for ensuring region wide OSHA compliance.
- Responsible for ensuring other regulatory compliance (permitting, licensing, etc.) as it relates to Safety and Risk Management.
- Prepare and present reports to Executive Leadership
- Participation in budget preparation and tracking, establishing and monitoring progress toward department goals
- Coordination and engagement of safety personnel in the identification, development and implementation of Safety goals which will positively impact and add value to the organization
- Analyze key themes from a wide range of data sources in order to spot trends and identify how different scenarios may impact region.
- Champion, demonstrate, and uphold our core values: Customer Centric, Respect, Integrity, Teamwork, responsible, accountable, & winning.
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent Work Experience
- A minimum of 7 years Safety/Risk Management Experience
- Prefer Bilingual in Spanish & English -- Both Written & Verbal
- Well Organized, Proactive, Self-Starter
- Competent in Microsoft Office including Excel and Word, Claims Management Experience a plus
- Track record of working with management in program roll out and success
- Must be a trainer and facilitator
- Able to work well with all levels of the organization from technicians to senior management
- Strong Working knowledge of DOT, OSHA and EPA Regulations
- Ability to travel extensively 50% or more