PRIMARY PURPOSE: Provide customer service for homebuilder, large contractor, government and National Accounts. Responsible for the monitoring and maintaining of the assigned accounts while delivering excellent customer service to both the external and internal customer.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: include the following and other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Responsible for the collection and management of the assigned portfolio.
- Knowledge of Mechanic's Lien law rights in the respective states of the assigned portfolio. Ability to handle lien releases for assigned portfolio and utilize lien law in the collection process. Provide reconciliation of customer accounts and resolve outstanding balance issues. Identify and submit credit memo requests.
- Establish relationships with customers to encourage faster pay.
- Ability to maintain a high volume of phone calls.
- Communicate and follow up effectively with sales department regarding customer accounts on a timely basis.
- Work with both Sales and the customer in the resolution of disputed balances.
- Enlist the efforts of sales and senior management when necessary to accelerate the collection process.
- Work with the billing department to ensure POs are utilized and accurate.
- Work as a liaison with Sub-Contracting to ensure proper billing to our customers.
- Suggest account adjustments, small balance write offs and escalate uncollected balances for write offs.
- Meet defined department goals and activity metrics.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Associate's Degree (A.A.) from two year college or two to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Additional requirements include: strong understanding of the Company's equipment, products & services
- Strong oral & written communication skills
- Excellent planning, organizational, analytical and decision making skills
- PC proficiency.
- Well-developed clerical and accounting skills.