United Site Services (USS) makes things happen. From building a skyscraper or new home community to providing services to America's largest music festivals, USS is there every step of the way.
As the industry leader in portable sanitation services, we deliver the best for our customers. But to do that, we need the best people to join our team. That's where you come in!
The Trash Technician will operate a container truck in support of roll off containers and other operational needs. You will also conduct daily pre-shift and post-shift vehicle inspections and report deficiencies to shop immediately.
- Operates container truck to and from pre-designated work sites based on daily routing information to deliver or pick-up various trash components. Updates tickets with relevant delivery or pick-up detail.
- Maintains telephone or radio contact with dispatch to receive additional instructions, changes to work locations, etc.
- Maintains truck log according to state and federal regulations.
- Follow all established safety rules & regulations.
- Special projects as assigned by management.
In order to be successful at this job, here are some SKILLS you should have:
- Customer Service
- Safety Focused
- Time Management
- Decision Making and Problem Solving
- You are regularly exposed to outside weather conditions (in some cases extreme heat/cold), moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles.
- You are regularly exposed to various electrical conditions that require strict adherence to safety procedures (electrical shock, falls, cuts, etc.)
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED) and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 3-years commercial driving experience
- Valid Driver License (CDL) and proof of current automobile insurance.
- Must also be able to read/interpret map books.