United Site Services (USS) makes things happen. From building a skyscraper or new home community to providing services to America's largest music festivals, USS is there every step of the way.
As the industry leader in portable sanitation services, we deliver the best for our customers. But to do that, we need the best people to join our team. That's where you come in!
Want to talk with a Recruiter? It's easy! Text USS to 44844
PRIMARY PURPOSE: Responsible for creating, maintaining, and supporting all branch level routing that assures safety, efficiency, productivity, and quality standards.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: include the following and other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Responsible for managing daily routing functions for efficiency and productivity.
- Responsible for determining re-routing needs based on route size, density, efficiency, and hours of service.
- Responsible for making any major and or minor changes to the Service Technicians' routes daily to assure each route maintains consistent hours of service and productivity.
- Responsible generating various productivity, profitability, and deviation reports. Reports to be delivered to required levels of management on designated basis.
- Responsible for reviewing all reports /productivity metrics to identify opportunities and communicate concerns with appropriate levels of management.
- Support local Operations teams to determine necessary routing changes or needs.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining a supportive relationship with all branch operations.
- Work with local Dispatch regarding route changes, concerns, opportunities, and development needs associated with routing and/or productivity.
- Be able to travel to branches for initial re-routes, regular site visits, and as needed.
- Special projects as assigned by management.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Associate's Degree (AA) from two year college or technical school and 2-5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with multi-stop routing system; dispatch procedures; computer knowledge (Navision, Microsoft Office & routing/logistics software).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of all company assets in inventory.
- Knowledge of proper cleaning & repair of those assets.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to calculate rates, discounts, interest, commissions, percentages, etc.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, & ratios to practical situations
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Valid driver license (Class CDL A, CDL B or C)
- Clear driving record & proof of current automobile insurance.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee frequently is required to sit, stand and walk.
- The employee is required to reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move between 15- 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision & ability to focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the office work environment is usually moderate.
- Employee is regularly exposed to air conditioning while working indoors and hot or cold conditions when traveling to offsite locations.
- Employee may also sometimes be exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals while visiting service yards.
- This position requires employee to travel as needed.