United Site Services (USS) makes things happen. From building a skyscraper or new home community to providing services to America's largest music festivals, USS is there every step of the way.
As the industry leader in portable sanitation services, we deliver the best for our customers. But to do that, we need the best people to join our team. That's where you come in!
Want to talk with a Recruiter? It's easy! Text USS to 44844
The Area Manager is a dynamic leadership role that is responsible for overseeing all activities of multiple branches. This is a highly collaborative role working with Regional Vice Presidents, Operations Managers/Supervisors, and other Operations personnel to ensure branches are running at their best.
- Manage and coordinate all operational activity for the branch(es).
- Monitor all service levels, deliveries, pickups, installations, and projects to ensure the best efficiencies. Recommend measures to improve operational practices and quality of customer care.
- Work directly with other departments to ensure excellent/positive communication within region. Work with various departments to resolve customer service & delivery issues.
- Work with Area Managers in other areas to coordinate asset transfers.
- Analyze and report on operational activities, i.e., service levels, routing efficiency, labor & overtime, fuel, etc.
- Work with the Regional Vice President to develop and implement standard practices, efficiency recommendations, etc.
- Responsible for oversight of fleet DOT administration including, log books & record maintenance, etc. to ensure compliance is being met.
- Review and approve time off request forms and schedule time off based on operational necessity. Review and approve Time Saver punches prior to submitting for payroll processing in the absence of a branch Operations Manager when needed.
- Responsible for the supervision of administration of the company's safety program at the branch(es) to ensure compliance. Work with Safety & HR departments to coordinate training, where necessary.
- Responsible for employee development & conducting periodic performance reviews.
- Create and maintain a positive, safe and effective work environment.
- Drive/operate variety of company vehicles as needed
- Pull trailers with company vehicles as needed.
- Manage the budget and P&L of the branch(es).
In order to be successful at this job, here are some SKILLS you should have:
- Customer Service
- Time Management
- Decision Making and Problem Solving
- Associate's Degree (AA) from two year college or technical school and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 2-5 years related experience
- Valid Driver License
- Have experience with multi-stop routing system & dispatch procedures
- Computer knowledge (Navision, Microsoft Office & routing/logistics software).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of financial statements.
- Experience managing a budget.
- Knowledge of all company assets in inventory.
- Knowledge of proper cleaning, repair, service, and maintenance of those assets.