United Site Services (USS) makes things happen. From building a skyscraper or new home community to providing services to America's largest music festivals, USS is there every step of the way.
As the industry leader in portable sanitation services, we deliver the best for our customers. But to do that, we need the best people to join our team. That's where you come in!
Want to talk with a Recruiter? It's easy! Text USS to 44844
We are looking for a team and safety focused Electrical Manager to manage the activities of employees in the electrical department engaged in installation/repair of temporary power poles, maintenance and repair of electrical power lines and generators. This role is great for someone experienced in the electrical field and wants to build a great team.
- Responsible for all aspects of the temporary power P&L for the region.
- Work with the sales team to attain revenue goals, perform job walks, and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Manage all expenses to stay within budget and achieve budgeted EBITDA goals.
- Coordinates work activity for Auger Drivers, Electrical Line Technicians, Dispatchers, and Yard Associates; participates in the work as needed. Oversees the electrical yard.
- Estimates the time and material costs required for projected electrical jobs; keeps cost and job records and submits reports; initiates requisitions for supplies, tools, and equipment.
- Conducts periodic inspections and gives on-site supervision over hazardous or unusual work assignments; assures availability of equipment, materials, and supplies.
- Trains and instructs Electrical department employees on detailed procedures.
- Performs the counseling/coaching and recruiting/staffing process.
- Recruits and trains personnel in the safe operation of equipment and tools.
- Conducts safety tailgates meetings/maintains training records and helps to enforce safety regulations, rules, and working conditions.
- Follows all established safety rules & regulations.
- Employee may be asked to work weekends and after hour shifts, i.e., special events/emergency, based on operational necessity.
- Special projects as assigned by management.
In order to be successful at this job, here are some SKILLS you should have:
- Customer Service
- Safety Focused
- Time Management
- Decision Making and Problem Solving
- You are regularly exposed to outside weather conditions (in some cases extreme heat/cold), moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles.
- You are regularly exposed to various electrical conditions that require strict adherence to safety procedures (electrical shock, falls, cuts, etc.)
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED) and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 3+ years of related lead or supervisory experience and considerable experience as a journeyman electrician
- Valid Driver License (Commercial Driver's license with endorsements -- tank and air brake) and proof of current automobile insurance.
- Thorough knowledge of the practices, methods, equipment, materials, and tools of the electrical trade.
- Thorough knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions of the work.
- Ability to supervise the work of skilled electrical workers (Auger Drivers, Electrical Line Technicians & Yard Personnel).
- Skill in the use and care of all hand and shop tools and equipment of the electrician's trade