Trailer Hub Maintenance Supervisor
United Site Services (USS) makes things happen. From building a skyscraper or new home community to providing services to America's largest music festivals, USS is there every step of the way.
As the industry leader in portable sanitation services, we deliver the best for our customers. But to do that, we need the best people to join our team. That's where you come in!
PURPOSE: Responsible for ensuring the smooth and efficient operation of the trailer hub location. Oversees the upkeep of company comfort station assets, ensuring they are in A+ condition prior to delivery to customers, and provides direction to other staff members in partnership with the Operations Manager.
- Oversee the repair and cleaning of comfort stations by hub employees
- Provide direction to hub employees related to their daily work and training
- Work with Dispatchers to coordinate pick-ups and deliveries to ensure best logistical efficiencies.
- Analyzes and reports on operational activities, i.e., weekly pick-ups versus deliveries, labor & overtime, fuel, quality of customer care, etc.
- Work directly with other departments to ensure excellent/positive communication within division. Work with various departments to resolve customer service & other issues. Work with Operations Supervisors at other trailer hubs to coordinate asset transfers, when necessary.
- Assist Operations Manager with coordinating logistics (delivery & pick-up, repair of assets) for special events and work special events, as needed.
- Provide back-up to Operations Manager for the scheduling of company assets for events including equipment and staff.
- Review all paperwork from all parts and supplies deliveries for completion and accuracy
- Review and approve e-time punches prior to submitting for payroll processing.
- Review and approve time off request forms and schedule time off based on operational necessity.
- Responsible for employee development & conducting periodic performance reviews.
- Perform general service, repairs, and modification to comfort stations and related equipment which may include, but not limited to, carpentry, minor electrical, plumbing, minor welding and mechanical.
- Special projects as assigned by management.
In order to be successful at this job, here are some SKILLS you should have:
- Customer Service
- Decision Making and Problem Solving
- Associate Degree (AA) from two year college or technical school;
- 2-5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with multi-stop routing system; dispatch procedures; computer knowledge (Navision, Microsoft Office & routing/logistics software).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of all company assets in inventory and proper cleaning & repair of those assets.