Office Administrator - Trailer
United Site Services (USS) makes things happen. From building a skyscraper or new home community to providing services to America's largest music festivals, USS is there every step of the way.
As the industry leader in portable sanitation services, we deliver the best for our customers. But to do that, we need the best people to join our team. That's where you come in!
Under minimal supervision, this position is responsible for the overall coordination of office activities and performs a variety of administrative and clerical duties for the assigned yard. This position traditionally works with the Office Manager or Department Head to plan and implement operational objectives.
- Provides outstanding customer service and supports all operational activities at the yard including data input, typing correspondence, filing, sorting, mail distribution, etc. Receives, screens and routes incoming telephone calls. Answers routine questions, provides information and works with customers on orders for products or services.
- May be assigned a list of customers for which customer service will be provided. Activities may include calling out to customers to take orders, resolve issues, and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Works with the Operations Manger to coordinate logistical activities between sales and operations at the yard.
- Resolves customer complaints regarding products, service quality, etc. and escalates issues to the Operations Manager as required. Keeps the Operations Manager well informed of activities, results of efforts and potential problems and recommends corrective actions.
- Responsible for the gathering and processing of all operational and sales data related to the yard. Inputs work order information into the system, performs research and maintains files and records for the yard. Generates operations reports as requested.
- Provides internal customer service to drivers and yard personnel assigned to the yard. Maintains daily contact with the drivers on work orders, service quality issues, new sales opportunities, etc. Reconciles all work order tickets, ensures that pencil notes have been properly documented and submits to posting department daily. Works with posting department to resolve issues, as needed.
- Acts as a liaison between yard and division and coordinates HR activities (benefits, recruiting/staffing, special projects, etc.) for the yard by partnering with the local HR Representative.
- Maintains and reconciles PO's and submits to the Operations Manager for approval (may have some level of approval authority to accommodate need when Operations Manager is out of the office.)
- Responsible for petty cash and maintains appropriate logs authorized by management. May occasionally also handle cash/check/credit payments and will coordinate reconciliation with accounting department.
- Provides back-up payroll support for the Operations Manager as needed.
- Manages and order supplies for the yard within budget guidelines.
- Carries out special projects and assignments as requested or assigned by manager including participating in special events, sales, etc.
In order to be successful at this job, here are some SKILLS you should have:
- Customer Service
- Decision Making and Problem Solving
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED) and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 2-4 years office coordination experience in fast paced environment
- Computer knowledge (Microsoft Office; electronic time clocks; Navision; GPS or routing software)
- Working knowledge of operating office equipment including copy machine, fax machine, phone system, etc.
- Strong organizational skills including file maintenance
- Strong written & verbal (customer service) communication skills
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus
- Analytical, process oriented, and ability to focus on details for long periods of time