VP of Operations
United Site Services (USS) makes things happen. From building a skyscraper or new home community to providing services to America's largest music festivals, USS is there every step of the way.
As the industry leader in portable sanitation services, we deliver the best for our customers. But to do that, we need the best people to join our team. That's where you come in!
PURPOSE: The Vice President of Operations (VPO) will be accountable for galvanizing a team under a common growth and operations platform, and ultimately drive improvement in operational efficiency, revenue, margin, and customer retention & satisfaction. The VPO will work to continuously ensure the organization is delivering operational excellence, while also identifying innovative and creative services and solutions while working closely with internal and external partners. This position will be responsible for determining the overall strategy, priorities and direction for operations within the region.
- Leads and strategically executes operational activates day to day within the regions multi-site, route based market.
- Expand on existing knowledge of our industry & markets as it pertains to client objectives and provide leadership within the industry.
- Develops and holds accountable a team of high-performing professionals to customer retention, growth, service, and business development.
- Ensures the appropriate mix and allocation of fleet throughout the area; includes fleet acquisition, fleet allocation, fleet maintenance, and disposal.
- Identify internal hiring objectives and prepare & execute comprehensive strategy plans that will provide employees with the necessary tools and direction for professional development.
- Drive established goals across relevant KPIs and balance business yield focused with shareholder desired metrics.
- Drive results on the regional P&L, balance sheets, and capital expenditures so that effective cost-saving measures are in place and revenue is maximized.
- Creates and maintains relationships at key levels with select customers and accounts.
- Manage escalated issues beyond local level as they may impact the entire Region on issues with transportation, communication between facilities in and out of regional footprint, and conflicting demand for resources and vendor relationships.
- Ensure compliance with and communicate the overall aim of the regions short & long term financial goals and develop sustainable processes for EBITDAR performance goals including the development of annual financial plans and execution.
- Partner with Region Sales Director (s) to insure execution on key customer and event initiatives to meet Regional revenue targets.
- Sets high standards, establishes clear objectives and holds team accountable for performance.
- Ensure location and regional compliance with all operating permits as well as state and federal operational codes.
- Monitor all service levels and deliveries to ensure the best efficiencies. Recommend measures to improve operational practices and quality of customer care.
- Responsible for effective adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Accountable for delivering on strategy for attracting, developing and retaining the highest quality talent available in the market place, and succession planning.
- Work directly with other departments to ensure excellent/positive communication within region.
- Oversee day-to-day operations and implement any necessary process improvements.
- Champion, demonstrate, and uphold our core values: Customer Centric, Respect, Integrity, Teamwork, responsible, accountable, & winning.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years of applicable experience in fast-paced, growing environment
- Ability to travel extensively 50% or more
- Functional knowledge in these competencies: Business Acumen, Strategic Thinking, Results Driven, Leadership, Customer Focus, Technical Capacity, Communication Proficiency
- Ability to supervise others and give direction