United Site Services (USS) makes things happen. From building a skyscraper or new home community to providing services to America's largest music festivals, USS is there every step of the way.
As the industry leader in portable sanitation services, we deliver the best for our customers. But to do that, we need the best people to join our team. That's where you come in!
The Utility Technician will operate various Class A, B, and/or C vehicles (pumper truck, P&D truck, fence truck, container truck, etc.) in support of the operation's needs.
- Conducts daily pre-shift & post-shift vehicle inspection & report deficiencies to shop immediately. Also, report improper operation, faulty equipment, and unusual conditions to the Operations. Manager.
- Operates service truck to and from pre-designated work sites based on daily routing information. Services portable restrooms, holding tanks, septic tanks, sinks, showers, etc., at various work sites by following the Company's servicing guidelines. Notifies management of any issues encountered on back-up route assigned.
- Maintains telephone or radio contact with dispatch to receive additional instructions, changes to work locations, etc.
- Maintains truck log according to state and federal regulations.
- Follow all established safety rules & regulations.
- Operates flat bed truck to and from pre-designated work sites based on daily routing information to deliver or pick-up portable restroom units, hand sinks, holding tanks or containers. Updates tickets with relevant delivery or pick-up detail.
- Operates fence truck to and from pre-designated work sites based on daily routing information to deliver or pick-up fence (chain link, panel, materials, etc.) Will also act as a lead on fence jobs where a crew is assigned to the job/truck and will operate fence installation equipment.
- Operates tanker/transfer truck to and from local dump and completes required paperwork as necessary.
- Special projects as assigned by management.
In order to be successful at this job, here are some SKILLS you should have:
- Customer Service
- Time Management
- Decision Making and Problem Solving
- HS Diploma or general education degree (GED); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 3-years driving experience
- Valid Class A Driver's License
- Ability to read and interpret map books