United Site Services (USS) makes things happen. From building a skyscraper or new home community to providing services to America's largest music festivals, USS is there every step of the way.
As the industry leader in portable sanitation services, we deliver the best for our customers. But to do that, we need the best people to join our team. That's where you come in!
PURPOSE: This position is responsible for revamping a 20-year old brand; someone who can work with various internal stakeholders to support company goals through creative communications. The Marketing Communications Specialist will manage internal communications and social media while generating various forms of content.
- Draft internal communications, marketing copies, blogs and press releases
- Build a consistent online brand and manage online reputation
- Plan and execute social media strategy through competitive research, benchmarking, messaging and audience development
- Generate, edit, publish and share daily social content that drives overall business goals
- Optimize company social media pages within each platform to increase the visibility of company's social content
- Manage corporate communications plans
- Partner with business leaders to develop communications matching their tone and language
- Align communications needs of individual stakeholders to the overall business strategy
- Provide strategic guidance to the organization on most effective communications
- Continually evaluate cross-functional communications touchpoints and partner with stakeholders to enhance messaging
- Create internal and external presentation materials
- Work collaboratively with Marketing Communications team and internal stakeholders in the planning and execution of integrated marketing campaigns
- Develop metrics for success; track and communicate metrics regularly
- Maintain a thorough understanding of latest communication trends and best practices to integrate into plans to maximize effectiveness
- Represent the voice of the brand
- BA/BS in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations or other related field
- 3-5 years' experience in a Marketing role.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- MS office tools (word, excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience in copywriting and editing
- Working knowledge of MS Office; photo and video-editing software is an asset
- Solid understanding of project management principles
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and presentation skills