United Site Services (USS) makes things happen. From building a skyscraper or new home community to providing services to America's largest music festivals, USS is there every step of the way.
As the industry leader in portable sanitation services, we deliver the best for our customers. But to do that, we need the best people to join our team. That's where you come in!
PRIMARY PURPOSE: This position is responsible for the administration of the company's time and attendance and payroll systems. The Payroll Coordinator is responsible for the timely and accurate delivery of payroll and related client service, including recordkeeping and reporting.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Point of contact for employees for time and attendance and payroll.
- Process payroll and maintain payroll information as required:
- Prepare and maintain related payroll records and reports.
- Responsible for reconciling Earned Time (paid time off) balances.
- Process Garnishments request per governmental requirements.
- Research and resolve problems.
- Prepare and maintain standard and ad hoc reports, queries, and conduct appropriate audits to ensure data integrity.
- Prepare and maintain accurate records.
- Maintain employee confidence and protect payroll operations by upholding confidential information.
- Contribute to team efforts by accomplishing related results as needed/ by deadlines.
- Carries out special projects and assignments as requested or assigned by manager.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED) and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 2 years payroll experience in fast paced environment
- Knowledge all aspects of the payroll process including: new hire, time entry, disbursements, general ledger, W2, as well as an understanding of how these processes connect
- Ability to assess existing processes and suggest improvements
- Experience with a payroll of at least 3000 employees
- Proficient with Excel
- Ability to thrive in a rapidly changing team environment
- Strong communication skills with a customer service mindset
- ADP reporting and GL experience, Vantage experience a huge plus
- Expertise with Time and Attendance Systems
- Experience with M&A and Tax