United Site Services (USS) makes things happen. From building a skyscraper or new home community to providing services to America's largest music festivals, USS is there every step of the way.
As the industry leader in portable sanitation services, we deliver the best for our customers. But to do that, we need the best people to join our team. That's where you come in!
This Tax Manager position will report to the Director of Tax within a current three person tax department. The Company is seeking a highly motivated, goal-oriented person to assist in the coordination and preparation of compliance requirements in the tax area. It requires a hands-on approach with attention to detail and flexibility in order to work as a cohesive team in managing all tax aspects within the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare internal and external financial tax reporting with accompanying disclosures regarding ASC 740
- Gather and review information required in the preparation of all corporation Federal and State & Local income and other tax returns
- Prepare information submissions regarding IRS and state audits along with managing overall process
- Assist with tax impact of acquisitions and/or reorganizations related to strategic planning initiatives.
- Support internal resources regarding indirect tax compliance
- Work with outside consultants in reviewing income, property and other tax compliance
- Completion of special projects on an ad-hoc basis while evaluating and coordinating with external tax advisors if necessary
- Ability to research tax laws, analyze and quantify effect of tax law changes on a timely basis
- Provide tax advice and support to all operational levels
- Respond to inquiries from various tax jurisdictions
- Interaction and communication with company management team
- Maintain internal control procedures with accompanying documentation
- Minimum 5-7 years in public accounting and/or corporate tax area equivalent in private industry
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, CPA and/or MST preferred
- Strong financial competence, business acumen, critical thinking proficiency, and communication skills with a self-starter mentality
- ASC 740 experience and preparation of accompanying disclosures
- Experience in OneSource tax provision software implementation/utilization a plus
- Microsoft Word/Excel expertise is essential