Human Resources Manager
United Site Services (USS) makes things happen. From building a skyscraper or new home community to providing services to America's largest music festivals, USS is there every step of the way.
As the industry leader in portable sanitation services, we deliver the best for our customers. But to do that, we need the best people to join our team. That's where you come in!
The HR Manager has the responsibility for managing day-to-day Human Resource functions for USS regional employees including: employee relations, recruiting and selection, HR compliance, on boarding, record-keeping, training and development, compensation and performance management.
- Provide HR support, process knowledge, advice and consultation to employees and managers supporting regional employees
- Partner with Business, HR Partners on strategic projects and initiatives for regional functions
- Promote positive employee relations and build relationships with employees and managers to become a trusted advisor
- Coach functional leadership in assigned client groups on issues including application of HR policies and processes and complex employee issues. May coach employees on people management, career development, personal leadership, and 360 assessments.
- Consult with local and/or functional leaders in areas such as organizational assessment, succession planning, organizational structure, and work force planning change management in order to strengthen overall organizational capability.
- Ensure alignment of HR processes
- Conduct Employee Relations investigations and provide recommendation for resolution.
- Handle escalations to resolve client queries and issues as appropriate
- Collaborate with Corporate HR team on defining and implementing process standardization and improvements.
- Demonstrated success translating business strategies into organizational and HR strategies and actions.
- Comprehensive HR experience, including a complete understanding of and hands-on exposure to the full mix of HR functions
- Experience working across a complex organizational matrix. Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- A record of accomplishment of positive results and an ability to show how his/her programs and policies have contributed to the growth and bottom line profitability of an organization while enhancing or driving cultural change.
- Adherence to fair employment laws and practices
- Bachelor's Degree and 3-5 years' experience in human resources; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Experience in management of individual contributors
- Analytical skills
- Social Media Knowledge
- Training Skills