Front End Technician
Drives commercial vehicle to provide prompt, courteous, and complete waste removal for customers.
Essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Perform complete pre-trip inspection including but not limited to checking tire pressure, fluid levels, safety equipment, gauges, and controls.
- Drives front-end truck to and from customer sites and disposal areas.
- Climbs in and out of truck at each location.
- Uses hand controls to operate vehicle and hose.
- Reads route sheets and services each customer as assigned by the dispatcher and/or supervisor and takes notes on the tickets with delivery/pick up details.
- Maintains vehicle operating efficiency by completing preventative maintenance requirements.
- Maintains safe operation and clean appearance by complying with organization operational policies, procedures, and standards, as well as state and local driving rules and regulations.
- Cleans vehicles interior.
- Maintains delivery, vehicle and driving records by obtaining receipt acknowledgments, recording tracking information, and completing driver log and vehicle performance forms.
- Contacts dispatcher and customer though radio.
- Courteously interacts with customers, supervisors, and fellow employees.
- Ability to perform pushing, pulling, bending, lifting of up to 75 pounds throughout each shift.
- Submit all paperwork on a scheduled timeframe to dispatcher.
- Wash exterior and interior of truck and cab, under frame, tires, and wheels.
- Clean off the front of blade daily.
- Additional duties as assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is constantly required to use hands and fingers to feel, handle or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and walk.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works in outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and vibration.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud outdoors and moderate indoors within the business premises.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or abilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
Employee or Candidate Signature Date
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities)
High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Valid Driver's License (Class B or higher) required.
- 10 year MVR
- Safe driving record (DMV documentation required).
- Ability to read, understand, and adhere to the rules and regulations of the Federal Transit Administration and U.S. Department of Transportation.
- Analytical skills, with ability to problem solve effectively.
- Excellent attendance and punctuality.
- Excellent customer service skills and professionalism.
- Ability to recognize vehicle maintenance needs.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
. To apply to this position, please send your resume and cover letter to Ronald.Macintosh@unitedsiteservices.com.