Internal Audit Manager
United Site Services (USS) makes things happen. From building a skyscraper or new home community to providing services to America's largest music festivals, USS is there every step of the way.
As the industry leader in portable sanitation services, we deliver the best for our customers. But to do that, we need the best people to join our team. That's where you come in!
The Internal Audit Manager is responsible for conducting assigned audit engagements based on the annual Audit Plan and in alignment with Internal Audit methodology. This is a new build team, so the Manager will get a fantastic opportunity to help build the team and audit universe in this growing business.
The work will be varied and new, enabling the team to be involved in a whole range of work and have the opportunity to have direct input in to the scope of the audit plan and how work is performed and reported.
We are looking for a Manager who can build relationships, collaborate with team members and deliver on a range of audit, risk and controls projects. Experience of SOX is essential although the work is focused around design of controls, processes and frameworks and not routine testing.
A CPA is required along with experience of auditing public companies. This position will be located at our headquarters in Westborough, MA.
- Effectively plan, budget and manage audit engagements. Assign tasks, manage execution, communicate specific elements of the risk-based work plan, issue vetting, and issue escalation.
- Work with audit staff to develop practical recommendations in response to control concerns and opportunities for improvement.
- Supervise the preparation and review of workpapers in accordance with department and professional audit standards.
- Apply audit experience to resolve more advanced, complex audit elements, including issues escalated by the audit team.
- Review drafts of deficiencies and recommendations, including development or revision of complex policies and procedures and process improvements, prior to final audit communications and presentation to senior management.
- Supervise and review drafting of final audit communications, presentation of issues, and audit report to senior management.
- Confirm follow-up of audit findings to ensure adequacy and timeliness of action plans.
- Promote concepts of internal control to assist and management in meeting responsibilities for an effective internal control environment.
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent in Accounting / Finance, with solid academic credentials.
- CPA, CIA or CISA.
- 5-8 years related experience.
- Public accounting and/or internal audit experience.
- Strong understanding of professional audit standards, COSO and risk assessment practices.
- Experience with Sarbanes-Oxley 404 compliance requirements and/or engagements.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a complex, dynamic, and fast-paced environment with strong inherent project management skills, including: prioritizing tasks, balancing workload between multiple projects, anticipating next steps, adapting to changing situations and project scope.
- Strong interpersonal skills required including: written and verbal communications, ability to work with others, willingness to assist in areas outside of direct assignments when necessary, and commitment to self-improvement and completion of team objectives.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office suite (e.g., Excel, PowerPoint, Visio).
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 25% (domestic).