United Site Services (USS) makes things happen. From building a skyscraper or new home community to providing services to America's largest music festivals, USS is there every step of the way.
As the industry leader in portable sanitation services, we deliver the best for our customers. But to do that, we need the best people to join our team. That's where you come in!
We are looking for a Lead Mechanic that loves to repair and maintain company vehicles and equipment. If you enjoy working with your hands every day, this job is for you. The Lead Mechanic will also play a leadership role on the Branch that others look up to and learn from.
- Perform preventative maintenance for all USS equipment including (but not limited to): Pick Ups, Pump Trucks, P&D trucks, Fence Trucks, All trailer types (standard, Porta Lisa, JAG, etc.), all comfort stations/restroom/shower trailer (Black Tie, Class, A, B and C, etc.)
- Assists journeyman and apprentice level mechanics as required
- Assists with the apprentice-training program by assisting, teaching and supporting apprentice mechanics
- Performs service, repairs and maintenance in accordance with Department of Transportation and company policies, standards and codes
- Responsible for the disassembly, repair, modification, remanufacture and trouble-shooting of heavy duty trucks and trailer equipment and their various operating and control systems. This includes the hydraulic systems and their associated components, pumps, valves, motors, filters and hoses, etc.; pneumatic air systems including compressors, control valves, air braking systems and dryers, etc.
- Ability to troubleshoot equipment problems, including mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic components.
- Follows safety rules: utilizes protective clothing and equipment, reports safety hazards and incidents to supervisor
- Attend safety meetings twice a month
In order to be successful at this job, here are some SKILLS you should have:
- Customer Service
- Time Management
- Decision Making and Problem Solving
- You are regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, airborne particles and fumes.
- You are sometimes exposed to the risk of electrical shock, high/precarious places, vibration of equipment and toxic chemicals.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- At least 4-years related mechanical experience and/or training.
- Valid Driver License