Area Sales Manager
United Site Services (USS) makes things happen. From building a skyscraper or new home community to providing services to America's largest music festivals, USS is there every step of the way.
As the industry leader in portable sanitation services, we deliver the best for our customers. But to do that, we need the best people to join our team. That's where you come in!
This position is responsible for delivering the annual revenue and price budget for the assigned sales territory within the Region. This is accomplished via managing the direct sales force, customer relationships and pricing strategy.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: include the following and other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Develops annual sales plan in support of organization strategy and objectives.
- Directs implementation and execution of sales policies and practices.
- Responsible for all Sales Rep pricing compliance
- Selection, Onboarding, Training of all new Sales team associates
- Maintains relationships with top customers in each market
- Conducts and documents Sales Rep ride-alongs
- Strong CRM User -- conducts monthly pipeline reviews with sales reps to review activity and opportunity pipeline vs. targets
- Establishes individual Sales Rep targets and holds them accountable for results.
- Ensures communications are coordinated, supports sales plan objectives and meets organizational expenditure requirements in conjunction with VP of marketing.
- Manages sales rep expenses
- Closely monitors dedicated Inside Sales associate performance via communication with Director of Inside Sales
- Maintains excellent communication and coordination with Inside Sales and Customer Care centers
- Builds, develops and manages sales team capable of carrying out needed sales and service initiatives.
- Coordinate and complete special or other projects assigned as needed.
- Contributes to overall USS Sales Organization improvement initiatives
This position supervises all sales positions in the assigned territory within the Region.
Required EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, sales and marketing or related field and 5+ years of applicable experience.
- Functional knowledge in these competencies: Business Acumen, Strategic Thinking, Results Driven, Leadership, Customer Focus, Technical Capacity, Communication Proficiency.
- Computer knowledge.
- Ability to supervise others and give direction.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations to customers, clients, and other associates of the organization.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to calculate rates, discounts, interest, commissions, percentages, etc.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, & ratios to practical situations
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Valid driver's license required in cases where travel off site is needed. Travel requirement is approximately 50%. To 75%.