Lead Equipment Specialist- Yard
United Site Services (USS) makes things happen. From building a skyscraper or new home community to providing services to America's largest music festivals, USS is there every step of the way.
As the industry leader in portable sanitation services, we deliver the best for our customers. But to do that, we need the best people to join our team. That's where you come in!
The Lead Equipment Specialist is responsible for overseeing and coordinating the activities for the warehouse and yard at the branch. You will also give guidance and direction to Equipment Specialist staff at the location, focusing on team building and customer service.
- Conducts random quality control audits on portable restrooms, sinks, holding tanks, etc. in an attempt to assess the quality of services and repairs being done at the branch pre and post deployment.
- Check, repair, paint and store toilets, sheds and other equipment as needed.
- Use a forklift for loading and unloading of units.
- Build new units as instructed.
- Maintain inventory log and submit to Operations Manager as instructed.
- Check water-recycling system daily (if applicable).
- Mix and/or store chemicals as per instructions for each chemical.
- Pick up "pre-load sheets" from Operations Coordinator for the following day.
- Ensure general maintenance and organization of area kept up.
- Report weekly list of parts/supplies that need to be ordered to the Operations Manager.
- Check work area and working conditions of the warehouse and yard.
- Suggest changes in working conditions to increase efficiency
- Support associates so that they stay on task.
- Assists with training of new Equipment Specialist or re-training of current ones.
- Assists with Safety tailgate meetings as needed.
- Serves as a positive role model and help promote professional attitudes in associates.
- Follow all established safety rules & regulations.
- Special projects as assigned by management.
In order to be successful at this job, here are some SKILLS you should have:
- Customer Service
- Team Building
- Decision Making and Problem Solving
- You are regularly exposed to outside weather conditions, moving mechanical parts, and fumes or airborne particles.
- The noise level is usually loud.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or equivalent combination or education and experience.
- At least 2-3 years general labor experience and/or training
- Must have a minimum of 1-year professional driving experience.
- Valid Driver License (Class CDL A, B, or C)
- Computer knowledge (Navision, Microsoft Office & routing/logistics software).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of all company assets in inventory.
- Knowledge of proper cleaning & repair of those assets.
- Ability to multi-task and work independently while being safety conscious.
- Ability to give others direction