United Site Services (USS) makes things happen. From building a skyscraper or new home community to providing services to America's largest music festivals, USS is there every step of the way.
As the industry leader in portable sanitation services, we deliver the best for our customers. But to do that, we need the best people to join our team. That's where you come in!
PURPOSE: This position is responsible for directing and planning the day-to-day operations of group benefits programs (group health, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, worker's compensation, life insurance, travel and accident plan, flexible spending plan, 401(k) plan and retirement plan). The benefits administrator also provides excellent customer service and quality benefits plans, investigates new benefits programs, improves existing programs, and supervises and monitors benefits administration as well as designs employee benefits plans and provides analytical and technical support in the delivery of the benefits programs.
- Administer employee health and welfare plans including enrollments, changes and terminations according to plan provisions. Maintain employee benefit records/files by processing required documents through payroll and insurance providers to ensure accurate record keeping, proper benefit coverage and deductions/codes..
- Work with the Regional HR teams on benefits and related administrative policies and procedures. Assist with resolving employee benefits concerns. Keep site management and the Regional HR Managers advised of potential problem areas and recommend/implement solutions.
- Perform data entry and maintain all benefit databases. Process employee transactions through timely data entry into databases. Coordinate and maintain processes and auditing procedures on a daily basis. Ensure data integrity by creating and generating reports and analyzing data.
- Process monthly invoices from insurance providers. Review invoices for accuracy & payment. Resolve discrepancies with carriers, payroll and the corporate office. Complete reports for management as requested.
- Assist with the annual open enrollment period. Assist with communicating plan changes to employees. Process changes within deadlines and generate confirmation statements.
- Serve as a resource for site, Payroll, and HR contacts to ensure their understanding and compliance with benefit and HR policies and regulations. Strive to ensure employee understanding of benefit programs by regularly generating communication and speaking with employees/dependents as situations arise. Resolve employee complaints related to health and welfare plans; refer difficult or very complex complaints to the corporate office as needed. Act as a liaison with various insurance carriers and foster effective relationships with client representatives.
- Assist with the administration of the Company's 401k program.
- Administer COBRA benefits through third party administrator.
- Assist with preparation of annual compliance reports as needed.
- Carries out special projects and assignments as requested by manager.
- Bachelor's degree and three to five years of related benefits or employee benefits administration experience.
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to use MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access,etc.
- Project and team management/leadership skills and experience. Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment with associates. Capability of effective planning and priority setting. Ability to manage several complex projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills and a thorough knowledge of plan designs. Ability to understand, evaluate and make judgment on the proposals (RFPs).
- Knowledge of benefits contract language
- Knowledge of all pertinent federal and state regulations, filing and compliance requirements, both adopted and pending, affecting employee benefits programs, including ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, ADA, Section 125, workers' compensation, Medicare, COBRA, and Social Security and DOL requirements.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.