United Site Services (USS) makes things happen. From building a skyscraper or new home community to providing services to America's largest music festivals, USS is there every step of the way.
As the industry leader in portable sanitation services, we deliver the best for our customers. But to do that, we need the best people to join our team. That's where you come in!
PURPOSE: Supervises and coordinates the activities for the yard. Oversees the overall management of the yard personnel. Carries out responsibilities in accordance with organization's policies, procedures and applicable law. May also perform other necessary basic duties.
- Purchases needed equipment for department and assist with purchasing in the electrical, transportation and administration department
- Insures inventory control and monitors inventory usage
- Estimates time requirements for completion of jobs assigned to employees
- Interprets company policies to employees and enforces safety regulations
- Checks work area and working conditions of the entire yard
- Suggests changes in working conditions to increase efficiency
- Analyzes and resolves work related problems or assists workers in solving work problems
- Supports employees so that they stay on task
- Researches or develops new products and ways of improving work quality
- Estimate cost, orders and inspects materials for the yard
- Finds new suppliers and negotiates with current suppliers for best price on equipment
- Oversees the maintenance of the parking areas and building
- Assists upper management with special projects and tasks
- Follows Untied Site Services safety rules: utilizes protective clothing and equipment, reports safety hazards and incidents to manager
- Attend safety meetings twice a month
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) in the field of constructions with a minimum of one year experience; or three to six years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret company documents, procedure manuals, financial report or legal documents.
- Ability to respond to inquiries or complaints from customers or regulatory agencies.
- Ability to write speeches, report and procedures.
- Ability to effectively present information to management, public groups, customers or employees.
- Ability to perform complex mathematical calculations.
- Ability to apply concepts such as percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to draw and interpret graphs of various forms.