United Site Services (USS) makes things happen. From building a skyscraper or new home community to providing services to America's largest music festivals, USS is there every step of the way.
As the industry leader in portable sanitation services, we deliver the best for our customers. But to do that, we need the best people to join our team. That's where you come in!
We are looking for an Operations Supervisor that is knowledgeable of yard/transportation operations and enjoys leading a team. You will be responsible for supervising operation functions for the yard and work for the mechanics.
- Manages and coordinates all activity for the yard. Supervises all Equipment Specialist and Mechanics.
- Analyzes and reports on operational activities.
- Prepares facilty for inspections.
- Work directly with other departments to ensure excellent/positive communication within division. Work with various departments to resolve customer service & other issues. Work with Operations Supervisors at other yards to coordinate asset transfers, when necessary.
- Maintain proper staffing levels to meet and exceed customer and branch needs.
- Assists Operations Manager with coordinating logistics (delivery & pick-up, service of assets) for special events and works special event, as needed.
- Reviews and approves Time Saver punches prior to submitting for payroll processing. Reviews and approves time off request forms and schedule time off based on operational necessity.
- Responsible for the administration of the Company's safety program for the driver function. Works with Safety & HR to coordinate safety training, where necessary.
- Responsible for employee development & conducting periodic performance reviews.
- Drive/operate variety of company vehicles.
In order to be successful at this job, here are some SKILLS you should have:
- Customer Service
- Team Building
- Decision Making and Problem Solving
- You are regularly exposed to outside weather conditions, moving mechanical parts, and fumes or airborne particles.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- This position requires you to travel regularly to off-site work locations as a passenger in a Company vehicle.
- HS Diploma/GED or technical school; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 2 years related experience and/or training
- Valid Driver License