Corporate Accounting Manager
PURPOSE: New opportunity based in Westborough, MA for a Technical Accounting Manager to join the USS Finance Team. The Technical Accounting Manager will work closely with the Corporate Controller to address relevant technical accounting including revenue recognition, accounting policies, mergers and acquisition accounting, adoption of new standards (revenue, lease), internal controls, support for the organization in the application of U.S. GAAP.
The Technical Accounting Manager is expected to develop working relationships with various levels of management and coordinate with Finance, IT, Audit and business unit professionals to successfully achieve the objectives of the assigned projects.
- Manage corporate oversight of revenue recognition and the proper application of accounting guidance
- Assist with M&A activities including contract review, opening balance sheet procedures, U.S. GAAP application, valuation procedures, directing the required accounting, memorandum preparation and post-acquisition integration
- Perform deep-dive review of new accounting pronouncements and provide recommended applications to the company
- Assist in managing the external audit through planning, communication, and managing requests.
- Assist, when necessary, in the monthly / quarterly close process
- Assist with the preparation and update of accounting policies and procedures
- Communicate with various levels of management to assist with understanding and application of policies, procedures, controls, and related activities.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Minimum 4-8 years' work experience in technical accounting roles within a mix of public accounting and publicly held company environments
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration required. MBA, CPA, and related field training preferred.
- Strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP, financial controls (SOX 404 and COSO framework), leading practices, process analysis, and risk assessment
- Excellent verbal, written, and system skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a matrix environment, and capable of gaining commitment and coordinated action for initiatives: foster collaboration and new ways to forge higher levels of teamwork within and between groups.
- Able to successfully multi-task the management and delivery of multiple complex projects with key stakeholders in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Proven adaptive capability and demonstrated familiarity with organizational change.
- Operates at the highest standards of business ethics, honesty, personal integrity, and professionalism.