Director of Internal Audit
PURPOSE: The Director of Internal Audit is responsible for reporting and highlighting areas of control weaknesses and concerns and providing recommended actions that addresses risks in the organization. Handles the overall strategic development and day to day tactical supervision of risk-based audit programs, including SOX. This position will be located at our headquarters in Westborough, MA.
- Manage the internal audit function.
- Monitor and review the work of outside consultants engaged to perform audit projects.
- Perform annual risk assessment.
- Develop the annual internal audit plan and monitor status.
- Perform and complete projects that assess the adequacy and effectiveness of the internal control environment, compliance with various internal policies, and the quality of the accounting records.
- Perform and complete special investigations requested by management.
- Issue reports of observations from audit projects to local management, CFO, and the Audit committee.
- Assist external auditors in their review of the control environment and financial statements.
- In the long-term, develop and manage an internal audit function
- Manage internal and external auditors.
- Bachelor's Degree Required; major in Accounting or Finance preferred.
- CPA designation preferred.
- 8 Years' combined experience in an auditing and internal controls with at least 3 years in public accounting.
- Ability and Willingness to travel up to 25% (domestic).
- Knowledgeable in US GAAP required.
- Supervisory experience required.