Fence Technician Lead
United Site Services (USS) makes things happen. From building a skyscraper or new home community to providing services to America's largest music festivals, USS is there every step of the way.
As the industry leader in portable sanitation services, we deliver the best for our customers. But to do that, we need the best people to join our team. That's where you come in!
PURPOSE: This position coordinates and oversees the activities of associates in the Fence department engaged in installation/repair of fence products. Work is performed under general direction of the branch Fence Supervisor or Manager.
- Coordinates work activity for Fence Technicians, Fence Helpers, and Fence Branch associates; participates in the work as needed. Oversees the fence branch.
- Estimates the time and material costs required for projected fence jobs; keeps cost and job records and submits reports; initiates requisitions for supplies, tools, and equipment.
- Conducts periodic inspections and gives on-site supervision over hazardous or unusual work assignments; assures availability of equipment, materials, and supplies.
- Trains and instructs fence department associates on detailed procedures.
- Participates in the counseling/coaching and recruiting/staffing process.
- Trains personnel in the safe operation of equipment and tools.
- Conducts safety tailgates meetings/maintains training records and helps to enforce safety regulations, rules, and working conditions.
- Conduct daily pre-shift vehicle inspection & report deficiencies to shop immediately. Conduct daily inspection of all tools assigned to the truck to ensure safety and proper working condition.
- Check loads to ensure that truck has all material (fence panels, poles, etc.) and tools needed to complete service tickets.
- Meet with site superintendent (or other designated representative) to confirm work order. Maintain telephone or radio contact with supervisor to receive additional instructions, changes to work locations, etc.
- Unload all fence materials and install fence panels, with appropriate tools, at work site in accordance with pre-determined specifications. Locate, measure and mark location for placement of panels & installation.
- Coordinate the workload and the efforts of the fence helper. Examine and inspect work progress, equipment & work site to ensure that specifications are met.
- Records information such as personnel, production and operational data on specified forms and submit to Fence Manager at end of each shift.
- Follows all established safety rules & regulations.
- Special projects as assigned by management.
- Operate fence vehicle to and from pre-designated work sites.
- HS Diploma or general education degree (GED) and 1 to 3 years general labor experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have a minimum of 12 months professional driving experience.
- Computer knowledge (Navision, Microsoft Office & routing/logistics software).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of all company assets in inventory.
- Knowledge of proper cleaning & repair of those assets.
- Ability to multi-task and work independently while being safety conscious.
- Ability to give others direction