United Site Services (USS) makes things happen. From building a skyscraper or new home community to providing services to America's largest music festivals, USS is there every step of the way.
As the industry leader in portable sanitation services, we deliver the best for our customers. But to do that, we need the best people to join our team. That's where you come in!
As a collections specialist, you will exhibit integrity and be responsible for notifying and/or locating customers with delinquent accounts and attempting to secure payment. Handling customers in a positive manner is crucial to this position.
- Confers with customer by telephone as an attempt to determine reason for overdue payments, reviewing terms of sales, service or credit contract with customers
- Contact delinquent accounts customers
- Records information about financial status of customers and status of collection efforts
- Order repossession or service disconnection when necessary
- Sorts and files correspondence
- Mails form letters to customers to encourage payment on delinquent accounts
- Assists in preparing information for small claims court appearances
- Special/other projects as assigned by the department manager
In order to be successful at this job, here are some SKILLS you should have:
- Customer Service
- Decision Making and Problem Solving
- You may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals while visiting service yards. This position requires you to travel as needed.
- Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 1-year related experience and/or training
- Valid Driver License