Electrical Line Technician
United Site Services (USS) makes things happen. From building a skyscraper or new home community to providing services to America's largest music festivals, USS is there every step of the way.
As the industry leader in portable sanitation services, we deliver the best for our customers. But to do that, we need the best people to join our team. That's where you come in!
The Electrical Line Technician gets to 'spark' up the business by installing, repairing, and maintaining temporary power poles, lines, and generators for our customers. This is a highly hands-on role.
- Perform installation/repair of temporary power poles.
- Maintain/repair electrical power lines.
- Maintain/repair generators.
- Operate service truck to and from pre-designated work sites based on daily routing information.
- Maintain telephone or radio contact with dispatch to receive additional instructions, changes to work locations, etc.
- Maintain struck logs according to state and federal regulations.
- Attend safety tailgates meetings/participate in training.
- Follows all established safety rules & regulations.
- Special projects as assigned by management.
In order to be successful at this job, here are some SKILLS you should have:
- Customer Service
- Safety Focused
- Time Management
- Decision Making and Problem Solving
- You are regularly exposed to outside weather conditions (in some cases extreme heat/cold), moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles.
- You are regularly exposed to various electrical conditions that require strict adherence to safety procedures (electrical shock, falls, cuts, etc.)
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED) and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 3-years experience as a journeyman electrician
- Valid Driver License (Commercial Driver's license with endorsements -- tank and air brake) and proof of current automobile insurance.
- Thorough knowledge of the practices, methods, equipment, materials, and tools of the electrical trade.
- Thorough knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions of the work.
- Skill in the use and care of all hand and shop tools and equipment of the electrician's trade.