United Site Services (USS) makes things happen. From building a skyscraper or new home community to providing services to America's largest music festivals, USS is there every step of the way.
As the industry leader in portable sanitation services, we deliver the best for our customers. But to do that, we need the best people to join our team. That's where you come in!
We are looking for a fence driver who loves to drive a truck filled with fencing materials to designated work sites. Our customers expect fast and timely service, so it's important you are customer focused. You will also install the fence into the ground using a "kittyhawk."
- Conduct daily pre-shift vehicle inspection & report deficiencies to shop immediately. Conduct daily inspection of all tools assigned to the truck to ensure safety and proper working condition.
- Check loads to ensure that truck has all material (fence panels, poles, etc.) and tools needed to complete service tickets.
- Operate fence vehicle to and from pre-designated work sites.
- Meet with site superintendent (or other designated representative) to confirm work order. Maintain telephone or radio contact with supervisor to receive additional instructions, changes to work locations, etc.
- Unload all fence materials and install fence panels, with appropriate tools, at work site in accordance with pre-determined specifications. Locate, measure and mark location for placement of panels & installation.
- Coordinate the workload and the efforts of the fence helper. Examine and inspect work progress, equipment & work site to ensure that specifications are met.
- Record information such as personnel, production and operational data on specified forms and submit to Fence Manager at end of each shift.
- Train fence helper on proper installation procedures, safety protocol, etc.
In order to be successful at this job, here are some SKILLS you should have:
- Customer Service
- Time Management
- Decision Making and Problem Solving
- While performing the duties of this job, you are regularly exposed to outside weather conditions, moving mechanical parts, and fumes or airborne particles.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud (Kittyhawk, etc.)
- HS Diploma or general education degree (GED); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 1-year vehicle driving experience (Class C)