Director of Sales Operations
United Site Services (USS) makes things happen. From building a skyscraper or new home community to providing services to America's largest music festivals, USS is there every step of the way.
As the industry leader in portable sanitation services, we deliver the best for our customers. But to do that, we need the best people to join our team. That's where you come in!
Reporting to the SVP of Sales, the Director of Sales Operations is a key player within the management team, supporting the organization in achieving its strategic and operational goals. He/she is responsible for increasing productivity and efficiency and establishing controls for the overall operations of the organization. This role involves strategic planning, managing people, leveraging technology and improving processes.
The Director of Sales Operations must provide overall direction and guidance to the activities of the sales organization in order to lead and manage all company sales support functions. This includes building and managing a growing sales operations team, enforcing short- and long-term processes and procedures to optimize work flow, reviewing, proposing, and implementing plans to control budget, labor efficiency, and customer service efficiencies.
The Director of Sales Operations position is one that requires a combination of skills, experience and education. A successful Director of Sales Operations will have distinctive leadership skills, work well with a large team, and can work independently with little or no supervision. He/she must have superior decision-making skills, problem-solving skills, and conflict-management abilities. He/she must have thorough knowledge of the company, its culture and its services. He/she must also be able to work with all levels of management and have training and delegation abilities to ensure both direct management (sales ops) and indirect leadership (salesforce) are well addressed.
- Ensures planning, forecasting and budgeting efforts are appropriately integrated with other planning processes employed within the Company
- Provides directive communication and leadership to the sales organization, enforcing sales organization objectives that appropriately reflect the company's business goals
- Works with Regional VPs to track and manage assigned sales force quotas and ensure the company's financial objectives are optimally addressed via proper allocation of effort across sales channels and resources through the quota term
- Accountable for the timely assignment of sales organization objectives
- Partners with senior sales leadership to identify opportunities for sales process improvement. Facilitates and enforces successful implementation of new programs through the sales organization by ensuring a well-defined, efficient sales process is in place for launch
- Responsible for the optimal deployment of sales personnel. Leads and enforces a change management process to build organizational understanding of proposed changes, establish support from key leadership stakeholders, and effectively implement new deployment and job models.
- Enforces the use of new reporting tools and coordinates with sales leadership and other stakeholders to lead efficient and accurate sales force reporting initiatives, notably salesforce.com and associated platform
- Oversees sales compensation plan administration. Ensures sufficient resources are assigned to adequately administer sales compensation programs. Works closely with Accounting, Finance, and Human Resources to enforce rules, policies, and procedures associated with sales compensation.
- Directs, enforces and supports the consistent implementation of company initiatives
- Sales Process/Methodologies - Clearly understands the elements of a sales process, and implementation within USS
- Planning / Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems efficiently; gathers and analyzes information; develops solutions; uses reason, with a bias to execute quickly
- Written and Oral Communication -- Communicates clearly and persuasively both in writing and verbally; listens and seeks clarification when necessary; Responds informatively to questions; expresses rself clearly and positively, both verbally and in writing
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional client situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits client feedback to improve service; meets commitments
- Project Management - Develops project plans; coordinates projects; communicates changes and progress; completes projects on time and budget; manages project team activities
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality
- Adaptability - Evolves to meet changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; handles change, delays, or unexpected events
- Team Player -- Serves as key player and operates well within the organization; consistently provide strength-based feedback to team members; key contributor to a high-functioning team that is successful and positive; helps maintain the upbeat and motivational nature of our culture
- Bachelor's Degree (BSBA preferably)
- Minimum five years of sales or sales management experience in a business-to-business sales environment
- Minimum five years in a sales operation, business planning, or sales support management role
- Experience successfully managing analytically rigorous corporate initiatives
- Demonstrated comfort making decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Must be proficient in MS Office Suite and have an extensive understanding of CRM systems; salesforce.com a strong preference. Ability to develop strong working relationships both internally and externally
- Professional energy, poise, and self-confidence
- 5 -- 15% travel required
Other Skills and Qualifications
Analytics, Project Management, Research, Writing, Sales Planning, Identification of Customer Needs and Challenges, Market Knowledge, Professionalism, and Microsoft Office Suite.
What's in it for you?
At United Site Services, we provide a competitive benefits package, with options for both full and part-time Associates, that lets you live life the way you intend. We offer so much more than a regular paycheck; our benefits package is chalk full of perks such as paid time off, healthcare, 401K matching, employee assistance programs, Life and AD&D insurance and much more!