Accounts Receivable Specialist
United Site Services (USS) makes things happen. From building a skyscraper or new home community to providing services to America's largest music festivals, USS is there every step of the way.
As the industry leader in portable sanitation services, we deliver the best for our customers. But to do that, we need the best people to join our team. That's where you come in!
We are looking for a detail-oriented Accounts Receivable Specialist to ensure successful daily application of cash receipts, reviews posting to ensure payment is applied appropriately, and other responsibilities as they relate to the role.
- Research and resolve unapplied/unidentified cash receipts.
- Reconciliation of adjustments related to prior payments posted as well as auditing and correction of rejected payments.
- Handles customer calls & emails.
- Provides timely responses to all AR inquiries.
- Maintains a positive relationship with all customers.
- Prepares cash deposits and fills out cash log and summary sheet daily
- Enters finalized cash receipts and updates accounts receivable ledger by customer
- Processes daily credit card deposits
- Researches and processes charge backs, returns and bad checks
- Performs filing & file maintenance.
- Special/other projects as assigned by management.
In order to be successful at this job, here are some SKILLS you should have:
- Customer Service
- Time Management
- Decision Making and Problem Solving
- Associate's Degree (AA) from two year college or technical school and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 2 years specific accounts receivable, cash applications experience in fast paced environment.
- Computer knowledge (Microsoft Office)
- Knowledge of electronic accounting software
- 10-key by touch
- Well-developed clerical & accounting skills
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Analytical, process oriented, and ability to focus on details for long periods of time