Business Development Manager
United Site Services (USS) makes things happen. From building a skyscraper or new home community to providing services to America's largest music festivals, USS is there every step of the way.
As the industry leader in portable sanitation services, we deliver the best for our customers. But to do that, we need the best people to join our team. That's where you come in!
We are looking for an experienced field based Sales professional. This position is tasked with the growth of an assigned territory (Houston and Corpus Christi) by closing new business which includes new customers, adding a new line of business (LOB) to an existing customer or site, and selling new jobsites to existing customers.
- Calling on new accounts in territory from assigned leads, assigned prospects, referrals, assigned campaigns as well as opportunities identified by your own efforts.
- Close coordination with National Account Managers to optimize National Account opportunities on the Regional level
- Become an expert in your assigned geography and end markets (ie, Construction, events, industrial account types)
- Knowledgeable of entire Sales Lifecycle and demonstrate effective issue resolution, retention, and closing techniques
- Work in a collaborative manner with all inside and outside sales reps and operations to develop trust and a spirit of cooperation
- Sub-contracting of services as necessary based on geographical areas or LOB's not covered directly by USS including Out of Footprint (with manager approval)
- Ability to present to customers and prospects multiple solutions across a variety of USS Products/Services
- Maintain a working knowledge of all USS Products and Services, both within and outside of assigned territory
- Team oriented, willing to assist colleagues with training, sharing knowledge and general assistance
- Special projects as assigned by the department manager.
- Meet company established sales goals for assigned territory.
- Conduct effective sales presentations on company's product line in response to the unique needs of each customer.
- Process customer quotes/proposals, orders and contracts.
- Perform job walks, site checks, and take daily calls.
- Coordinate with various departments within the company to ensure customer requests are handled appropriately and in a timely fashion. Act as liaison between customers, sales, field operations, and office personnel to quickly resolve general inquiries & issues.
- Properly execute all CRM, pricing, and order processing activities to ensure accurate reporting capabilities by management.
- Provide timely weekly expense reports to management.
- Network in Industry Associations (ie, construction associations, event associations).
- Attend bid openings / meetings.
- Attend all regional sales meetings and calls.
- Complete a territory plan as assigned by your manager.
- Compliance with USS pricing tools and policies
In order to be successful at this job, here are some SKILLS you should have:
- New Business Development skills
- Ability to sell value to differentiate USS from the competition
- Customer Relationship development
- Prospecting / Cold Calling / Referral generation
- Customer Service
- Teamwork with all sales channels and operations
- Lead Sourcing
- Closing and Negotiating
- Time Management
- Excellent follow up skills (leads, issue resolution, etc.)
- Strong written and verbal communications
- Decision Making and Problem Solving
- Associate's Degree (AA) from two-year College or technical school; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 7 years related experience and/or training
- Valid Driver's License and proof of current automobile insurance.
- Strong PC proficiency (Microsoft Office, CRM, etc.)